Most endurance athletes realize good nutrition should be part of their training program. But is your nutrition plan promoting optimal energy and performance? Come to this two part class and learn how to:
· Develop an individualized eating plan that promotes energy and recovery from workouts
· Determine the optimal level of carbohydrate, protein and fat for your training goals
· Focus on gradual weight loss, while maintaining energy and performance
· Develop a fueling and hydration plan for endurance activities
· Identify barriers to optimal nutrition and develop strategies to overcome them
A key component of this class will be an online tracking system used to monitor nutrition, exercise and calorie balance. Please bring a laptop or tablet with wireless connectivity.
Thurs March 12, 7-8 pm: Developing your Individualized Training Diet
Thurs March 19, 7-8 pm: Fueling for Optimal Performance
Location: Lake Wilderness Lodge Maple Valley, Cedar Room
Cost: $65 RTB/$75 Non-Member. Make payment here to reserve your spot. Limited to 20 people.
Heather Nakamura, MPE, MS, RD is a registered dietitian with Masters Degrees in both Nutrition and Exercise Physiology. She writes for NW Runner magazine and works as a “Personal Wellness Coach”, helping active individuals develop nutrition and training programs that focus on maximizing energy and performance, achieving optimal body composition and improving health.
Raise the Bar
Race reports, upcoming events, news, and more, from RTB.